Monday, February 13, 2006

Beyond Bad Tats

Beyond Bad Tats
I think most of you know that I do not care for tattoos on women in general. I would prefer to ban tattoos for women. But, I can live with the once in a while ankle tat.

On my way home from Doug’s yesterday. I saw what has to be the worst case of bad tats on a woman ever. I was so upset that I could not bring myself to write about it last night.

I was stopped for a traffic light. A car pulled up next to me and I glanced at the driver. It was a woman with reddish hair. Her hair was shorter than mine and that is fundamentally scary for me.

I was extremely fortunate not to have anything in my hands or in my mouth when I saw her. If I had anything, I know I would have spilled or sprayed it all over the car.

She had tats everywhere.

The tats were mostly a greenish color and I thought for a moment she was wearing camouflage makeup. It was all vines and flowers and such. Every part of her body that I could see was covered with the design; her face, neck, arms, and hands. It was all just so wrong in so many ways.

I spoke to Doug today and mentioned the woman I saw yesterday. He said that she was just a part of the South O. C. scene. I begged to differ with him, pointing out that was just too unusual, even for the South O.C.

Doug said he had seen her before as well. I guess that explained why he was less surprised than I was.

Redemption Day
Today was Redemption Day for me from the Tatted Lady.

It was 85F/30C at work today with a bright cloudless sky overhead. It was also a day for the young women to wear shirt skirts. This was redeeming for me.

Even Ms Lionel, the young woman with the man’s name [Lionel] tattooed on her arm, looked particularly good in her black boots that came up to her knees, the short black skirt that was low on her hips, and her black belly shirt. There were a couple of her co-workers that wore long pants and belly shirts today. That was just excellent.

I do wonder about Ms Lionel. She looks as if she never is out in the sun; she has no tan to speak of and that is odd in Southern California. Maybe she wants to be like Scarlet O’Hara from Gone with the Wind.

To top things off, it was another coz class day [cosmetics class]. The women from the classes were dressed in extremes. They were all out to make their own fashion statements of some sort. They were all made up so perfectly.

It was another one of those days that made you glad to be living in Southern California and not somewhere else.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home