Wednesday, February 08, 2006

So, it's Wednesday

So it’s Wednesday
Yes gentle readers, it is Wednesday and you know what that means. There will be only one more blog this week after tonight’s posting.

Sharon
Sharon phoned me last night after I got home from the office. I didn’t know she called me until I turned my cell phone on this morning. I normally turn my cell phones off when I am at home on the theory that everyone who has my cell phone number probably has my home phone number.

Anyway, when I played my message, I heard her usual messages of, “Hey Reinhardt, it’s me. Give me a call,”

Naturally, she was not available when I phoned her office this morning. I left her a message that said I would try to reach her tonight.

Bananas
I always thought that eating bananas was a great way to avoid cramps in your muscles. So why did I get a killer cramp last week and another one last night?

I have been eating a banana a day for the last couple of weeks. I should be full of potassium now. I suppose that my medicine could have an adverse affect on my body’s ability to retain potassium.

One more thing to ask my doctor when I see him next month for my annual physical examination. I feel fine but I am not looking forward to getting probed and stuck.

Job Searching & Interviewing
I had an email from a recruiter in Florida waiting for me when I got home last night.

The recruiter was looking for someone who knew commercial real estate lending. She said there was a sense of urgency on the part of the company that wanted to fill the position.

That sounded interesting so I phoned her after I had my morning coffee. Some things, like coffee, are more important.

The recruiter failed to do her job properly and that was to read my resume. My resume says nothing about construction lending. I have never done a construction loan in my career.

Guess what type of lender the client wanted?

That’s 100% correct, the client wanted a construction lender. I cut the conversation short by saying that I was not what she was looking for and that we should end the conversation now. There was no sense in talking further. I think the recruiter was surprised that I wanted to stop talking.

Maybe she wasn’t used to people being honest and not wasting her time.

Not much of day was it now.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home