Thursday, February 02, 2006

Takin' care of Princess

Takin’ care of Princess, every day
I was takin’ care of the Princess today. Dad was playing Nice Guy Chuck; he ordered the traditional late Winter – early Spring order of candy from Ethel M Chocolates [http:///www.ethelm.com ] this afternoon. Ethel M has about the best chocolates in the United States and I would encourage you to patronize the web site, especially if you have a sweet tooth and love chocolate.

This is not a Valentines Day chocolate gift. This is something that I have been doing since she was in her freshman year at the University of Utah. I never bother with any card because I don’t need one. She knows who sent the candy.

Import Car Tuner Events
Things are looking up for Douguary and Chuckay. I found two local import car tuner events for us to consider this month. I also found more in the coming months so we can plan our weekends if we decide to become more interested in this phenomenon.

Doug and Douguary
We are all set for the traditional end of Douguary Dinner at Morton’s Steakhouse in Santa Ana on the 25th. The reservation is made. He has the invitations out to his friends. So far, only Robin has said he is there; we are guessing that Natalie will come with Robin.

Doug has one cancellation; his friend Derek will be out of the country and that is unfortunate. Oh well, life goes on and there is always Douguary 2007 to look forward to.

We have sort of agreed to get something for Amy our favorite server. All we have left to do is to decide what to get her. If we run out of ideas, we can always ask his sister the Princess for a suggestion.

Doug called The Navigator [me] this afternoon.

He was running errands for his mother since he doesn’t have class today. One of his missions was to pick up a bottle of wine. Normally, this would not be a difficult task for a college student of drinking age except that he doesn’t drink wine.

He was at his local Beverages and More liquor store and was confused. He was at the Merlot section when he called me. I quickly steered him away; after all, Miles said, “No more merlot!” [SIDEWAYS reference] and had him into the Sauvignon Blanc section with a wine that I like and one that was well within the budget guidelines.

Then he told me that he was really supposed to be looking for an Italian wine but could not find it. I guided him to the Italian section and he found it. It was less than the bottle I had recommended so that was even better.

I suppose his mother is happy as well.

School
I was fooling around the old laptop last night. I was bored and had posted the blog. I decided to go to the school web site and see what my grade point average was.

I knew it was high because I was invited to join the honor society. I was amazed to see that my GPA was 3.88 on a 4.00 scale with 4.00 being perfect grades. That is not too bad for a middling student in college.

I am waiting to hear from the faculty members I invited to be on my dissertation committee. I have only received one of the five replies. Maybe I will hit pay dirt this weekend.

Weekend Preview
The big event for the weekend is the trip to the Original Tommy’s Burgers for the last Mega Combo meal for a long while. I will also try to give Sharon a call and see how she is feeling.

There is a football game on Sunday to watch. I may watch it but I will probably want to spend time working on my dissertation.


Have a great weekend whatever you do and I will see you on Sunday with the Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home