Thursday, February 09, 2006

I felt like a jerk today

I felt like a jerk today
It is hard to believe, gentle readers, but your humble scribe felt like a jerk today.

The outside temperature at the office today was around 85F/29C. Inside of the office, it was only 65F/18C. We have to dress warmly just to be comfortable. I wore one of my vested suits today in an effort to stay warm.

I felt very silly when I went outside to talk to the Doug on the cell phone. There I was in my vest and long sleeved shirt and tie while everyone else was trying to shed as much clothing as they could.

I wonder how much of an extra air conditioning electricity surcharge the company is paying now.

Nice Guy Chuck
I was Nice Guy Chuck again today. We have bottled water in the office. The bottle ran out and the office ladies needed someone to change the bottle so they asked me to change the bottle.

Never mind the fact that the bottle of water weighs about as much as a three year old child, maybe less even. I know they have not given up on playing auntie just yet.

I managed to put most of the water in the container but I still managed to splash my pants. I went outside to dry off in the warm sunshine.

That was nice, except for the vest

Douguary Event
Doug and I agreed to go to Fatburger on Sunday for his birthday and stop by the local Cingular store for a new phone.

I tried to talk him into going to the DUB Car Show at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Saturday but he was still backing away from the idea. It looks like I will have to go by myself and scout it for an event later this year.

Grammy Awards
The Grammy Awards were passed out last night in Los Angeles.

I didn’t get invited to the show. But then again, I can’t sing or carry a tune to save my life so the lack of an invite was not a surprise for me. I didn’t watch the show because I was talking with Sharon. Actually, I was listening to Sharon because she likes to talk.

I noticed in the paper today that the Grammys have a ton of awards. It seems like they have an award for just about everyone who is nominated. I thought it looked more like the program for a Special Olympics event where everyone is a winner.

I think the multiple awards lessens the quality of any award. What is the difference between record of the year and song of the year? What is the difference between record of the year and album of the year.

By the way, do we even have individual vinyl records anymore? I don't think so except maybe at Ameoba Records in the their used sections.

Anyway the weekend is almost here. I hope you have a great weekend and I will be back on Sunday with a Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home