Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Shoert Day for Blogging

Short Day for Blogging
I don’t really have too much to say tonight. Yes, I did go to work and I accomplished a few things and pushed a couple of piles on my desk around a bit. I made some phone calls and that was about it.

Tats and Belly Shirts and Bad Views in the Courtyard
My office is right next to the building courtyard on the ground floor. There is a bench right outside of my window. People who work in the building; smokers mostly, sit on the bench during their smoking breaks.

I just want you to understand that this is not the perfect view by any measure. Today was a good example of what I mean.

I get a large decaffeinated coffee every morning. I drink that as I check my overnight email.

I came back to my office from the sandwich shop with my coffee. I saw a young woman sitting on the concrete bench outside of my office. Not unusual at all, in fact, one could call that a normal situation.

She was leaning over and was picking at her toenail while she was smoking and cell phoning. So far so good, as I sat down at my desk, I saw that she was showing off the top of her butt crack, almost like an apprentice plumber.

Wonderful sight and lovely way to start one’s day.

She left shortly thereafter to go to work I guess so I was happy.

Towards mid-morning another young woman walked over to the bench. It was just not my day.

She was wearing a belly shirt that was more than a little bit too short. She should have been wearing a regular shirt because her stomach was cruising over the top of her pants. I think I could have accepted this and gone on for the day.

I could see from the reflection of her navel ring or piercing that she must have been pleased with her appearance or at least her stomach. But, I wasn’t really prepared for the circular tat that went around her navel. It was a grayish green color and I was too far away for her stomach to get a good look at the tat. Plus, I had my glasses off at the time. I was glad that my phone rang at that moment so I could look at the phone instead of her approaching stomach.

Dissertation
I now have three committee members for my dissertation. That makes me happy because it means I can go forward with the project. I still need to wait to hear from two other potential committee members. I want to be able to give the dean as large a pool of potential committee members as possible.

See I told you it was a short day. Maybe tomorrow will be better for us all.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home