Sunday, February 05, 2006

First Half Weekend Update

First Half Weekend Update
I managed to forget about our American football championship game this afternoon when I was thinking about my schedule and the Weekend Update. I will give you the second half tomorrow along with Monday’s activities, such as they may be.

For the record, I did not win the office football pool. I had bad numbers so my chances of winning were less than slim to none.

Donut Friday
I buy donuts for the office on the first Friday of the month. I started doing almost twenty years ago; actually, it is more like eighteen years ago when I think about it. But who is counting? Certainly not me; I sucked down a maple bar and it was very tasty.

Anyway, everyone had a nice morning sugar high to work with on Friday. That was good because I don’t think too many wanted to work on Friday.

Nice Guy Chuck
You know that I can be a Nice Guy when I want to be one.

I found Sharon an interesting job and emailed it to her on Thursday night. I knew she was out of town in San Francisco on a business trip. I also knew she would probably not look at it until sometime next week.

So, being Nice Guy Chuck, I phoned her on Friday afternoon when I guessed she would be in the airport. My guess was excellent; we only had a few minutes to talk before she boarded the plane.

Sharon did thank for the referral.

Friday Evening and Saturday Morning
I came home and had dinner. No surprise there gentle readers; it is a quiet evening for me most all of the time. As is my custom, I turn my cell phones off when I am at home. I figure that most people who have my cell phone also have my home phone number.

Sharon called and left me a message after she landed and was driving home from the airport. I didn’t get it until Saturday morning when I was up early, doing laundry and cleaning.

I know Sharon likes to sleep late so I figured I would call her later on. 6:15 AM is too early for a non-emergency phone call on a Saturday.

I was productive while I waited for Sharon to wake up. I did some laundry, always a continuing task and a little cleaning.

Then, it was run errand time for me.

I went to the post office to mail my brother the last month’s issues of the Los Angeles Times Sports Section. Living in San Francisco, he doesn’t get much coverage of Los Angeles sports in his local paper.

After the post office, I went by the gas station to tank up for the driving I planned to Saturday.

I also had to go to a watch and clock repair store. One of my watches needed a new battery and I didn’t know how to change it. My clock needed to be repaired. It fell and the hour hand stopped functioning. I was very surprised that I could get both fixed in about five minutes for only $12.

There was a downside to the watch repairs. I learned that my old pocket watch is so old that the store could not repair it because it is the old style, wind the spring up type of watch. The watch store only does digital watches and clocks.

Regrettably, they could not provide me with the name of someone who could fix the watch. Oh well, life goes on and I still have two working watches. I could have a couple more working watches but I can see no reason to put batteries in when I do not wear them all that often.

Correction from January 2, 2006
I actually had 2,602 visitors to the blog in 2005. Thank you all for coming out and supporting the blog; you can give yourself a big pat on the back.

Sharon
I phoned Sharon as I was on my way out to pick up Doug for our trip to the Original Tommy’s Burgers.

Sharon wanted to ask me a bunch of questions. Her questions are a lot like the ones that asked of Judge Alitto when he was before the Senate Judiciary Committee; you know, short speeches.

Mostly when I talk to Sharon, I just listen and then try to sound intelligent with my answer.

Sharon was having trouble understanding why I was driving out to the South O.C. to pick up Doug and then drive back into downtown Los Angeles. I thought about how I would explain everything and finally came up with the simple explanation, “Sharon, its part of Douguary.”

“That explains it all; Doug and his Dad, I should have known. Anyway, Charles, I have to get going so why don’t you call me on Sunday. Bye for now.”

Click and disconnect.

That was fine with me. Besides, I should not drive and talk while on the freeways. Fortunately for me, the traffic was light for a Saturday morning.

This will have to hold you until Monday night in Los Angeles. For those of you who want to know the time shift, we are GMT-8 hours.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home