Monday, February 06, 2006

Second half Weekend Update


Second Half Weekend Update
Here is the rest of the weekend for me gentle readers.

The Original Tommy’s Burgers
Our lunch was up to our expectations. It was wonderful and we enjoyed ourselves. If I was organized, I would have figured out how to get photos from the digital camera into the laptop and then into the blog.

I may have to call on technical assistance from Doug.

We talked about one of his classes, Screening Writing, and the film he wants to write while we were eating. The film is based on a treatment he did for an earlier class. I am real familiar with the treatment because I read several times.

It is a high school coming of age film of sorts with drugs, rock and roll, and I am not sure about sex. It does have an exploding methamphetamine lab and it could very easily have a high speed car chase that we do so well in Southern California.

What more could you ask for in a film for a Summer release that was aimed at teenagers?

We also talked about the use of flashbacks. One of my former co-workers in the bank’s entertainment finance department said not to use too many flashbacks. Doug thought that was a good suggestion and cut the flashbacks down to only one that is a key plot element. It explains why things are the way they are in the present.

On the way back to the South O.C., we stopped off at DVD Planet.com. Doug picked up six DVDs of films he had to watch for class. Most of the DVDs were ones that he would have purchased sometime. I picked up eight DVDs.

Douguary Event
I found an import car tuner event in February at the Los Angeles Convention Center. It is next Saturday, the 11th. The event is the DUB Car Show and it promised to have the import car tuner models at the show.

I suggested that we add this as a Douguary Event to Doug when we talked this afternoon. It seemed perfect to me.

Doug, on the other hand, was a little sketchy and much less enthusiastic than I was about going to the show. In the end, Doug decided to pass on this event.

I think I will go simply because I find it interesting and fascinating.

Job Searching & Interviewing
I had a recruiter send me an e-mail over the weekend asking me to contact her about a job order she had. I called and left a message for her early this morning.

The recruiter called me back around 4:00 PM today. We talked for close to half an hour about the bank and the position and the location. I think I would be a good fit at the bank and she seemed to agree me with my estimation.

She said she will push my resume forward tomorrow with the bank and see if she can get me an interview with them.

As is the case in Southern California, the bank has two locations for the position and neither one is close to me. It is a question of far and further away from my condo near the beach. I will make the drive because I like living here.

I will see what happens with the bank.

The Princess’ Opinion
I think I told you that Doug and I want to get Amy the server a gift and plan to give it to her at the Douguary Dinner. Being guys, we were unsure what to get her. I suggested we ask his sister because she has an opinion about almost everything.

Just to set the record straight, I am flying to Atlanta in March for her birthday dinner with some of her friends.

I asked the Princess when I called her today if she thought giving Amy a purse from Coach would work out. I think they are about a year or two apart in age. “Of course, Daddy. What woman wouldn’t want a Coach bag or purse?” was her answer.

Nice and simple and very much to the point.

I will be hitting the Coach store one night after work this week for Amy’s gift.

Sunday Smoking and Reading
It was warm and sunny and not too windy on Sunday so I went out on my balcony to smoke and read for a while. I enjoyed spending an hour and forty minutes out there. It was the first time in over a month that I have smoked.

Michelle the Stylist
I had my hair cut by Michelle on my way home from work tonight.

Michelle did a very good job on my hair; I came away with no nicks, cuts or scrapes. Of course, she never listens to how I want it cut; she cuts it the way she wants to cut it.

So much for the customer being right with her.

Michelle was telling me that I don’t buy her any gifts. She does not consider the $4.00 cigars I give her plus a tip as being fair.

[Shrugs]

I suppose I will get her something for the next time I have to get a haircut. That will be in early March. I think I will be getting a trim then so I can have my hair longer for when I am in Atlanta.

Super Bowl
I had given some thought to writing about the American football game but changed my mind and decided to pass on that.

And so, gentle readers, that was the balance of the weekend and Monday for you.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home