Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I don't wany to post a blog tonight

I don’t want to post a blog tonight
For some reason, I just feel tired and cranky tonight.

I could do what Doug sometimes and take a day off to go to the movies. But, I feel that you deserve something original for showing up at the blog site, like a reward for perfect attendance at school.

Douguary Event
Doug sent me link to some photos of the DUB Car Show from Cobra Snake. Cobra Snake is a Los Angeles legend who takes fascinating photos of interesting people and parties. The link is in his comment to yesterday’s blog if you want to follow it yourself.

More on point, the photos were not what I had expected them to be. I did not see any of the usual Asian American models that Doug turned me on to a month or so ago. Maybe missing out on the show was not such a bad thing. There was a group photo of four or five women who all look like they could easily afford to drop 30 or 40 pounds and still remain very healthy.

Sometimes good things come from what appeared to be bad events.

Work
Why not write about work for a change.

Today was one of those days that I used my mind for a change. I spent a couple of hours this morning reviewing a contract. It is not a very well drafted document and has lots and lots of missing elements. I think it can be made workable but not without a lot of arguing over language and content.

I also spent time writing procedures and researching some compliance [following the law] stuff. It is not the best American prose ever written but it is necessary prose for the company.

My afternoon was spent fleshing out a project timeline. I finished up the fourth and probably final draft of the timeline late today. I will take the laptop into the office so I can take the timeline and slide it into a MS Project Gantt chart. Project charts always tend to make what you are saying sound much better. I think it will be a handout at the board of directors meeting.

The company doesn’t use Project so this will be a first for them. They should use Project; it would keep things moving along better and help them get projects completed somewhere close to the original target date.

Programming Note
I just wanted to let you know I may not have a blog posting tomorrow night. I have an interview with a recruiter in South Orange County that ends late in the day. If I have a crummy drive home that takes forever and beyond and the traffic is horrible, I may skip a posting.


That was my day gentle readers. I hope to see you tomorrow night but if not, then I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home