Thursday, February 16, 2006

Programming Note

Programming Note
Here is a programming note gentle readers.

I thought I would place the notice a little higher so that it has a better chance of being seen instead of being at the bottom. Monday is a holiday for me so the regular Weekend Update will not appear until Monday afternoon – evening sometime.

Ethel M Chocolates
I was reading in my current issue of Business Week that the staff did a blind taste testing of premium chocolates. Ethel M was the winner; I could have told them that much. Ethel M is also the Princess’ favorite premium candy, hands down, end of discussion, case closed final. Ethel M chocolates are available from http://www.ethelm.com.

This is a free testimonial; no chocolate crossed my lips.

Readers
Last week, the blog had a visitor from Korea who stuck around for over 25 minutes. I had absolutely no idea that I was that good of a writer.

We also had a visitor from Moscow.

I wonder if I am in trouble with the KGB or what ever they are called now. I certainly hope not.

Douguary Event
This Sunday will be another in the series of Douguary Events. Doug and I will be celebrating his birthday on Sunday with lunch at Albertacos. By next weekend, we will have visited all four of our favorite places to go for food.

Just so none of the regular readers are confused; the Morton’s dinner is always on the last Saturday of the last weekend of Douguary.

Job Searching & Interviewing
I had another recruiter contact me today about a senior management position at a local commercial bank.

I called the recruiter and we talked for about twenty minutes or so. He liked my background so he is going to take my candidacy forward with a couple of the company’s local clients. Local is Los Angeles and Orange Counties. That would be nice a full time regular job.

He has a bank that is troubled and just got a new president. The new president is looking for some new hard working, experienced talent. That would be me. Turnarounds are a ton of work but the financial reward pay-off can be beyond “really nifty” and more like “exxxcellent.”

Olympics
Have you been watching the Olympics?

I haven’t and I don’t think I have missed anything. For one, I am feed up with whining prima donna athletes would blame everyone else for their not winning a medal. The most recent cry baby was the male skater Johnny Weir [whatever]. He was in second place after the short skating program and then choked on the long program. He was unable to accept that fact that he got his ass cleaned by better skaters.

Suck it up dude and deal with life. No one really cares about men’s figure skating. Get over it.

Then, we had Michelle Kwan who lost out on her chance for a medal. She handled her inability to compete gracefully and with class. Compared to Kwan, Bode Miller is at best a great embarrassment and a sorry excuse for an athlete. It is one thing to talk the talk; it is another thing to walk the walk. Miller couldn’t delivery in the crunch and showed no class.

People liked Miller and Weir make Stargate SG-1 reruns fascinating.

Then, I am sick of only seeing Americans win gold medals and hearing our national anthem. God, I hope NBC doesn’t get some courage and daring and show other nations victories.

When American Idol out scores the Olympics in the television ratings, you know the shows are heading for the toilet.

Weekend Plans
Get new tires on the Prelude and go to the DUB Car Show.

Do Doug’s and his mother’s tax returns.

Complete repairs on the Prelude on Monday on my day off.

This certainly isn’t very exciting now is it? Hopefully, there will be interesting events at the car show or maybe Doug and I will run into the Tatted Lady from the O. C. while we hit Albertacos.

Maybe some hot model from the car show will find me fascinating and want to spend the rest of the weekend with me. That’s very likely to happen in my dreams. Aren’t all female models hot?

Have a great weekend and I will see you on Monday.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home