Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Is it Tuesday already?

Is it Tuesday already?
Where has the week gone? It’s Tuesday already and I feel like I have lost a whole day. Life is like this some days.

I spent most of my day looking at contracts so that means this will be a short blog posting. It balances out the long one from yesterday.

Douguary Event
Doug called me this afternoon as I finished lunch. He was on his way to see a movie and did not want me calling him in the middle of his film. I can understand that request.

His mother took him out for his birthday dinner at Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles. He said it was a near epic meal. He had a half of a chicken that was fried and a couple of waffles. Doug said dipping the fried chicken in the maple syrup was wonderful.

I will take his word for that. I have never been to Roscoe’s but I think it doesn’t sound all that healthy to me. I mean, fried chicken dipped in maple syrup. That must have a gianormous amount of calories and cholesterol. That sound you hear when you eat the meal is your arteries clogging up.

Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles is a Southern California tradition. Everyone knows we do things differently here. This is no exception.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I had a recruiter email me on Friday if I was looking for a permanent job in the compliance arena and if I was to please contact him.

I have to tell you that compliance is a very necessary part of banking but it is incredibly boring and dull. Besides that, no one in the bank likes you because you are the one who says no all of the time.

Anyway, I called him this morning after a meeting.

The recruiter was disorganized and could not find my paperwork that he should have downloaded from one of the job posting sites. He went over his most pressing job order. It is a Vice President of Lending for a modest sized credit union in a nice part of Los Angeles.

I know the credit union he is working for; I even went out with the credit union’s president socially severally years ago. I think we parted amicably; she is a cat person and I am a dog person. You can see that we would never be able to get along for the long haul. I am probably over qualified for what they need but it is a permanent job so I told the recruiter that I would send him a clean copy of my resume and we could talk more about it tomorrow.


That was my day gentle readers. Boring wasn’t it?

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home