Monday, February 27, 2006

I was so not happy with the rain on my freshly washed car

I was so not happy with the rain on my freshly washed car
What was I to do today?

I knew that there was rain in the forecast but we all know how inaccurate those are. I could have taken the truck to work. The truck is dirty and could do with a washing so I would have been way far ahead if I had switched vehicles. But, taking the truck would have meant I would have had to shift the vehicles around and that is always a pain under normal circumstances and would be even less fun with most of the other tenants in the building heading out for their jobs.

The rain started around mid-morning and continued for most of the day. It is now about 7:40 PM and the rain is still coming down. The rain’s intensity has varied over the evening. It is raining lightly now but I expect that it will pick up before to long.

Luckily for me, the local weather forecast is calling for the rain to taper off tomorrow and end before it is time to drive home after work.

Since it was raining on top of being cool and windy, there were very few smokers outside of my window today. Those that were there were well bundled up. It was not the best day for watching the smokers.

We have a revolving door at the building entrance in the courtyard. Some of the sorry ass, lazy smokers were standing in the revolving door section that was open to the courtyard so they could stay dry and still smoke. It would have been fun to go charging into the door and give the smokers a real bounce.

Everyone knows smoking is bad for your health.

Tomorrow will be a busy day at work. It is month end and Board of Directors meeting night. Everyone scurries around all day long.

I had a talk with the company president this morning about some report notes I had prepared for him [in one of my earlier careers, I wrote speeches and letters to the editor for my boss].

Then, we got off on a philosophical discussion about his succession. He is closer to retirement than I am. He asked where the company was going to find his replacement. I pointed out that there was no one on staff now who was ready to take over now. I suggested two solutions but neither one will be implemented. It will be a difficult transition when he steps down.

I would not mind being the second replacement CEO. That would be an easier job.

Anyway, that’s about it for me tonight.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home