Thursday, March 02, 2006

I felt like a pin cushion this morning

I felt like a pin cushion this morning
It was really nasty for this morning. I felt like a pin cushion.

Today was the day for the laboratory work in advance of my annual physical examination in about a week and a half. The big test was drawing blood. I always suggest the laboratory staffers draw the blood from my left arm. I have three veins that are close to the skin surface and are very easy to hit with a needle.

Once the vein is hit, I do pump out the blood. I may not know a lot but I do know this fact for sure and certain. You can not give 10 gallons / 38 liters of blood over the years without noticing which arm is easier for the nurses to work with.

Anyway, the lab staffer missed on the first two tries. He put a needle into two different veins and did not strike blood. This was not what I wanted to see happen; besides, the process is painful.

He called the other lab staffer over to try her luck on my arm. She hit the third vein and struck blood. She said, “What would you men do without us women?”

“Since I am between girl friends right now, I could do quite a lot and be happy about it.” This was not the reply she was fishing for. The male lab staffer laughed out loud and I was extremely glad she had taken the needle out of my arm by now. I could just see her wanting to put it back in with the dull end first.

I was taken aback a bit by the male staffer. He had tats on his arms and that made me nervous. I kept thinking, were those tats made with clean needles and done properly.

Lookin’ Good
I wore my dark blue, three piece suit with a white shirt and red stripped tie to work today. It is my banker outfit or IBM computer salesman’s outfit. I looked like Mr. Conservative Businessman with the highly polished black dress shoes.

One of the women in the office said that I looked handsome.

I thanked her. I felt good about myself and how I looked when I left home this morning. Since I live alone, it is difficult to get any feedback on appearance so that was a nice way to start my work day after playing pin cushion.

Coz Classes
It looks like the cosmetics class cycle is starting up again.

I saw a bunch of new faces, all dressed in black, going into the building this morning. Some of the women had tats. I was willing to overlook the tats on their ankles because those seem to be minor in comparison to the other tats.

I don’t understand why a young woman would allow herself to be tattooed on her arms and breasts. It seems like it is an attempt to destroy what is considered by many to be their natural beauty. For some, they have succeeded beyond their expectations.

I know the Big Guy and I will have a very limited conversation if he were to bring a heavily tatted young lady to Morton’s for dinner. The very thought of it makes me shudder.

Why me?
Right now, as I am writing the blog, I am chatting in ICQ with an eleven year old girl. I have no idea why she picked me out from all of the other millions of ICQ members. Maybe I have a kindly smile in the cheesy photo I posted.

This will not be good for anyone. Now, that I have chatted with her, she will probably look me up every time she comes online.

[Note to self: be more circumspect about engaging in new IM or ICQ conversations.]

Weekend Preview
This is a slow weekend for me.

The big event for me is a trip out to the Big Guy’s house to drop of his tax returns and to drop off his mother’s tax returns. Then, we will go grab a bit to eat for lunch.

The rest of the time, I plan to work on my dissertation. Clean up around the house. Maybe do a little reading and mail some packages to friends and one to my brother.

That was my day gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy and enjoy your weekend. I will be back with a Weekend Update on Sunday the 5th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home