Thursday, June 22, 2006

No Call from Sharon


No Call from Sharon

Sharon did not call me today.

I guess that she has run out of things to say to me. I did not miss her non-call. Of course, she probably had something that was either more interesting or more fun to do and did not have time for me.

Oh well, not to worry Charles.

Lisa the Matchmaker
Lisa the Matchmaker called me this morning on her drive into work at the old office. She was in traffic so she was not going fast enough to hurt anyone. She likes to call me at this time because she knows I will be in my office and off of my phone. That, plus I make the drive a little nicer and go a little faster for her.

The first thing on her mind was Nurse Beth. Nurse Beth has been calling Lisa to know how I reacted to the meeting. Lisa said I hadn’t called her and explained that I was a man and somewhat unreliable. Lisa said she knew that was not the case and said it was away of diffusing the questions.

I told Lisa that I planned to call Nurse Beth after she returned from her two weeks of vacation. I’ll make the call next weekend.

Lisa brought me up to date on what is happening in the old office. One of the vice presidents is leaving because his wife just received a killer job offer in San Francisco. This is one of those job offers where everyone ends up happy except the old company since they have to go out and find a replacement and that is not easy. I think the vice president will be happier and more successful in a different environment. He will, of course, miss out on the management retreat in August. That may have taken a minute or less to get over.

Job Searching and Interviewing
One of the vice presidents where I am working indicated to me today that he thought the CEO search committee was going to have a meeting to select the final interview candidates tonight.

I believe that I exceed all of the desired qualifications that the committee has and that I would be an excellent choice for the job. That is not my decision unfortunately. I expect to hear from the search recruiter in the next few days about my status for this position and one other president’s position she was working on.

I don’t think I will lose any sleep over the decisions. I know my friend Sharon wants me to get the CEO position and then hire her. That would not be a wise move on my part.

Work
I received the contract back from the vendor after they looked at my request changes.

They agreed to most of them as I knew they would. I was very disappointed that they rejected the privacy and security sections that I wanted to add. Most of what I wanted to add already were covered in the transaction, were part of Federal regulations that cover the transaction, and established reasonable standards of care. These are key issues and the client may end up walking away. Then we would start all over again.

Crud that would be no fun at all.

Weekend Preview
Saturday is a dissertation writing day for me. Then, I will watch my samurai drama and go to bed.

Sunday I will read the large Sunday paper and then go out to see Doug and have lunch with him. I think I will suggest that we go to Lee’s for some No. 4s, whatever they are for lunch. I am assuming that Lee’s is open on Sunday for lunch. Then, I will come home and probably go out on the balcony to read and smoke a cigar.

I will not be playing the role of Mr. Excitement this weekend.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home