Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Presentation Disappointment
The vendor I have been working with for my client made a presentation to the Board of Directors tonight.

Normally, this is just so much routine work and there is usually nothing to be concerned about. I did review and approve the presentation last week and so did one other employee. We were both pleased with the presentation. It seemed to answer all of the questions and presented the information fairly.

So, you can imagine my shock and surprise when I saw new and completely different numbers on the screen in the Directors meeting.

I was embarrassed, the other employee was embarrassed, and the president was embarrassed. It was so totally beyond me that the presenter would have changed an approved presentation without notice to me or the other employee.

The presenter made the most common mistake of all.

He failed to listen to those who know the audience best. The other employee and I know the audience. We told him what to say and how to say. I told him where to change the slides because they would cause questions as they were. He thought he knew best and as sure as the sun rises in the east, there were questions exactly about what I had told him to change and the presenter failed to come up with a satisfactory answer. Now, I have to spend tomorrow cleaning up his mess.

I could have killed I was so upset.

Well, maybe killed is a bit harsh. But, I was very upset with the presenter.

Tattoos
I think everyone by now knows I do not approve of excessive body art on women.

Today, I got caught on my own tattoo prejudices.

I saw a young lady who had way too many tats in far too many places. I know she had more tats than any of my sailors had from when I was in the United States Navy. She was wearing a low cut dress today so I could plainly see the birds that were tattooed on her chest, one on each side. I could see that she had a big tat on her back that covered almost all of it that I could see. Of course, there were lots of tats on her arms and legs.

This was clearly a young woman who had a lot on her mind or was mad at someone or something for sure and certain.

Then, I saw it.

She had a big heart and roses tat on her right calf. There was a scroll across the heart and it had the word “Daddy” in inch high block letters.

How could I not like that tat?

At least, she showed that she loved Daddy. I don’t know if Daddy loved the tat though. I guess her heart was in the right place.

Oh Princess, if you happen to read this, please do not feel compelled to go out and get a tattoo like the one I described above.

Instant Messages
I use MSN Messenger like a lot of other people. Lately, I have had a number of Chinese people want to add me to their contact list. Let me qualify that slightly, I think they are Chinese but I can’t tell for sure because Chinese, Japanese, and Korean seem to look alike to me anyway when they are typed out.

I checked their messages and I can’t read them so I delete them from any contact list. I wonder, why would some one write to a stranger in a language that the recipient is unlikely to be able to read?

That makes no sense to me.

Babe of the Moment
I had planned to put up a new Babe of the Moment today but I got bummed out by the Directors presentation. I think I will do that tomorrow when things are better.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home