Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More Scattered Sunshine and Some Rain

More Scattered Sunshine and Some Rain
Well, the rain finally arrived at the beach this afternoon, a day or so late by my count. This morning I had scattered sunshine with light to moderate wind. That was nice I guess.

Of course, the local weather news readers were practically peeing in their pants about the rain that will be with us, in some form or another through the weekend. They were all over the radar images of the storm like white on rice.

It is not the end of the world or rainfall of Biblical proportions guys. Chill out and give it a rest.

I saw a news crawl message this evening that said there was a thunderstorm warning for parts of Los Angeles County. Fortunately for me, I am not in the warning area. I usually sleep through the few nighttime thunderstorms that we have. This is a result of my misspent youth when I served in the United States Navy. My quarters were directly below the forward gun mount. We used to fire those guns during the evening so I learned to sleep through very loud noises.

Visitors
We had our 10,000th visitor to the blog on Monday afternoon. I had no idea that the blog would reach this level of readership so soon.

I do appreciate all of you who visit the blog, for whatever reasons.

Glacier Gelato Store
Doug and I went to the Glacier Gelato Store in Manhattan Beach this afternoon in the cold and the rain. Not surprisingly, we were the only customers in the store. I had a cup with a scoop of home made cappuccino chocolate chip ice cream and a scoop of chocolate gelato in a waffle cup.

It was everything that I expected it to be. Yummy and perfectomundo.

I thought Doug was only taken a photo of the gelato and ice cream. He didn’t tell me to smile. I would have smiled broadly had I been aware my face was in the image.

Back Scratching
My good friend Lisa gave me a couple of back scratchers when I left the old company. I used to scratch my back by rubbing it against the door frame of the offices. Lisa thought I was undignified when I did that.

Maybe I was; but, my back sure felt good afterwards.

I was scratching my back the other day when Doug was here. He was ragging on me for getting so excited and happy about using the back scratcher.

Doug obviously doesn’t know the joys that can flow from a really good back scratcher.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home