Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Next Milestone

The Next Milestone
I think the next milestone for the blog will be my 1,000th blog posting. I am 750 posts so far. It looks like it will be next year before I reach the 1,000 mark.

As I think about it, I probably am very close to the 1,000 mark. I had to restart Sitemeter in 2006 so I lost the data from the first have of 2006 and part of 2005. This is really not that important so why worry about it.

Life is, after all, way too short for warm beer and cheap cigars and worrying about blog postings.

Woman of the Moment Encore
This is a brief update. There has been no change with the top three women; they seem to shift their order from day to day. The big movement is for fourth and fifth place with Sharon Tay and KT So in the contest most of the time.

Since this is my blog and I am the sole judge of the Encore Contest, I can change the rules anytime I want. I do plan to feature my personal favorite Woman of the Moment, Faline Song, during the Encore presentations.

I suppose that you could not visit the blog when I am posting images that you do not care for.

Weather
It actually rained rather strongly on my way to school this morning. It was a large storm cell and that was very dark and cold looking. It also helped obscure the sun so I did not need my sunglasses this morning.

This afternoon the wind has picked up considerably. The taller eucalyptus trees in the park next to my building are swaying widely or maybe wildly in the wind. In any event, it is highly likely that my balcony will be covered with more leaves by morning.

In two days of the rain storm, Redondo Beach has received about half an inch – one and a quarter centimeters of rain. This is an approximation because there is no official rain reporting station in the town. I came up with the number by averaging the readings on the town to the east of Redondo Beach and Los Angeles International Airport. I am fairly certain that I am close enough for the rain volume.

El Gringo
I went to El Gringo for my dinner tonight. I had hoped that Merit the Server would be there tonight.

That was not to be. There was another server who was more interested in a cell phone conversation.

Life happens; I’m over it now.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home