Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Update - January 27th

Weekend Update
I had planned to write about my lunch with my friends Vivian and Lisa from the old bank where I used to work. We had a great lunch but I left my camera home so I have no photos to include. Vivian did take a photo of Lisa and me. Lisa and I agreed that it was a good photo of two people having fun at lunch.

I sent Vivian an email asking her to send the photo to me. I also asked her to send me a new photo of herself since the one I have is on the old side. I will write more about our lunch when I have the photos.

The Princess
I phoned the Princess on Saturday. She had called me when I had my cell phone off. I didn’t understand all of her message.

My inquiring mind wanted to know she was talking about.

The Princess was not in the best of all possible moods; her dogs are early morning animals and she had contemplated a long morning in bed. I can certainly understand her desires. I would have preferred to stay in bed and not go to school to teach my class.

The Princess was excited because she and the Golfer were able to sell her almost sixteen year old Honda Accord coupe for USD$2,500.00 I was amazed that the car was worth that much. I think the Honda cost about USD$18,000 and some change when I bought it for her new for her sixteenth birthday.

Yes, I am an indulgent parent. But, on the other hand and as the Irish say, shrouds have no pockets. That is their way of saying you can’t take it [money or wealth] with you when you pass on your final reward.

The Golfer, hear husband, was out in Seattle, looking for a house for them to rent. I hope he was successful and found something that the Princess will like and the dogs and cats accept.

I also told the Princess how I was doing with my chemotherapy and that I felt good and was happy. I told that all of the most recent tests were positive for me.

Visitors
This was a big week for foreign visitors to the blog. We had visitors from Germany [10], Brazil, Singapore [5], Iran, Canada [23], Romania, Ukraine, Texas [5], Belgium [2], Poland [3], Malaysia [6], Japan [10], New Zealand, United Kingdom [3], Saudi Arabia [2], Indonesia [3], Russia, Mexico, Spain [2], Netherlands [2], Egypt, Macau, Sweden, Ireland [3], Switzerland, Korea [2], Venezuela [2], United Arab Emirates [2], South Africa [2], Australia [3], Slovenia, India [2], Philippines, Argentina, Thailand, Spain, Bulgaria, Chile, Taiwan, Lithuania, Lao Peoples’ Democratic Republic, and Hungary.

We also had some visitors who found reasons to come to the blog and stick around for a while. We had one visitor who stopped and stayed for 44 minutes, other visitors stayed 29 minutes, 19 minutes, 16 minutes, 12 minutes, and 10 minutes.

I do appreciate the time you spent here, for whatever reasons. If you enjoyed your stay here, be sure to tell your friends about the blog.

Rain
Most of Saturday was rain free. Thursday and Friday made up for the lack of rain on Saturday. I think we had about two and a quarter inches – about six and a quarter centimeters of rain.

We had more rain on Sunday so the total for the series of rain storms will be higher. I think the storm’s rainfall total will be more than all of last year’s rainfall.

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
Doug talked me into seeing this film. He said it was well worth my time. He was correct.

This was the third time for him to see the film; that speaks volumes of how much he liked the film. I really liked the film. I was very satisfied with the ending and all other aspects of the film.

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN is a very violent and bloody film; it is a film that is not for everyone. If you are bothered by violence and buckets of fake blood, then, perhaps you should consider another film like JUNO or MEET THE SPARTANS instead.

We both can highly recommend this film. I would write more but I don’t want to write too much and therefore spoil it for some of you.


That was my weekend. I hope you had a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home