Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Slept A Lot on Friday

I Slept A Lot on Friday
I got hit by the chemotherapy drugs I have been taking for the last six months. One of the consequences of taking the drugs is you are tired and it takes longer for you to recover from an infusion treatment.

I think my general lack of energy is also due to a build up in my system – body of the drugs. It is taking longer for me to recover my full energy levels or be close to the full levels as I remember them.

On Friday, I took a two hour nap after by dressing change and then another two hour nap after lunch. I went to bed at 9:30 PM and slept until 6:45 AM this morning. Now, that is a lot of sleep for one person.

No Wednesday posting
There was no Wednesday posting because I ran out of time and I was falling asleep as I watched television after dinner.

I had my morning class at school and came home to change before seeing the colo-rectal surgeon. The surgeon had all of the bedside charm, personality, and manner of a rock. The appointment was unorganized and Doug and I didn’t really learn much from this session except that we need to be more prepared for boredom the next time.

We finished up with the surgeon and Doug and I headed off for dinner at one of our favorite places to eat, L. A. Food Show.

We got home from dinner around 8:00 PM and Doug drove home behind the Orange Curtain.

I had enough time to take my evening pills and change into my jammies before my Korean soap opera came on television. Then, I went to bed after the show was over.

That was a full day for me.

Dressing Change
Glenda changed my dressing again on Friday. This was a great way to start my day out.

Glenda asked if I had any plans for Father’s Day. I said that I didn’t really have much a plan since the Princess lives in Seattle and will not be flying down to see me. I said that Doug and I would be celebrating my birthday and Father’s Day at the end of June because that date happened to fit in best my schedule and the chemotherapy treatments. I said I wanted to be able to enjoy the meal fully with most of the drugs flushed from my system.

We talked about the Summer and that it is almost here now. Glenda said that Jennifer was on vacation this past week. I said I missed her.

On my way into the clinic, one of the non-clinic nurses, who was talking to a clinic nurse, said that I looked handsome. I said that I had to dress up for my favorite nurses. The clinic nurse giggled.

L. A. Food Show
Doug and I talked about getting two orders of Avocado, Bacon, Cheese, and Chicken eggrolls instead of sharing one order. I was all for two orders since I had only eaten a bagel and banana so far on Friday.


This was another good idea of mine.

I had the Show Burger and Doug had a turkey burger. We filled ourselves and enjoyed the food greatly, probably because we were both on the hungry side.


We also talked about going to Albertacos. I don’t think that I have been to Albertacos in maybe a year or so. I suggested to Doug that we ought to consider a trip to Albertacos as part of the traditional Chuckay Festival.

Doug nodded his head and said anytime is a good time for Albertacos.

The Prelude
I got the Prelude back from the dealership this morning. It was so wonderful to drive it; I truly had missed the fun and excitement and joy from not being able to take a sharp turn or rapidly accelerate. I also missed not having a sun roof in the Pathfinder.

I am definitely looking forward to taking the Prelude out for a long drive in the coming weeks. I want to be able to enjoy driving around at high speeds with the sun roof open and radio playing loudly.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home