Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday

Wednesday
I had a long day today. It started off with a wonderful drive to school this morning. It was so enjoyable to be able to drive fast on the freeway and be able to hold a nice line into and out of a curve.

I picked up my Student Evaluations from last term. Overall, I did very well; I picked two Superior Instructor bonus payments out of four classes. That was sweet. I have one class that I teach that I know I will never earn a bonus on and that is Microeconomics. It is one of the most difficult courses in the school.

In my other class that I did not pick up a bonus payment, I had three students who did not like me; they probably failed the course. One of the students who obviously like my teaching wrote in his or her evaluation the following comment on your humble scribe.

“Mr. Reinhardt….1 one….UNBELIEVEABLE!!! I absolutely love his discussions. Most of the class turns into a debate time and it is fun and educational. I so enjoy attending his class. He is there for his students outside of the class whenever we need. He allows us to email our papers to him for review in order to improve our grade (submissions have a deadline) before they are actually due. While having to write a paper every week can be very exhausting, I understand why. I could go on and on about Mr. Reinhardt but I won’t. Just know that he is a gem to the school and I hope to have more classes with him.”

Comments like that make up for all of the deadhead students who ruin good classes with their immature behavior. It also makes me happy to know that I have reached at least one student and made him or her a better writer. At the end of the day, this makes it all worthwhile for me. I almost feel like Mr. Chips. [Watch the film GOODBYE MR. CHIPS; either version of the film works well].

Now, my problem is how to I improve myself with this term’s evaluations.

On my way home from school, I stopped by the clinic for a dressing change and a blood test. I was unlucky today because I didn’t have one of the Baby Blues change my dressing. Today’s changer was a new nurse to me and I couldn’t see her name on her identification badge. Oh well; life happens.

The blood test was easy for me because the nurse found a blood vessel near the surface of my skin and hit square on so I quickly filled the test tubes. The nurse who drew my blood commented that we shared a common birth year and I quickly said that she didn’t look my age. That made her laugh and smile.

I figured that I was safe with a comment like that and I was.

Lois the nurse from the Oncology Clinic thought I looked handsome today. She complained that I almost never dress up when I go her clinic. I said it is because of the long waits. Lois shrugged her shoulders and sighed in agreement with me.

On my way home from the clinic, I did deiced to wear what Doug calls a “MICHAEL CLAYTON” outfit. You have to watch the film to understand this one. I will make Lois very happy when I show up in a dark blue blazer, grey flannel pants, and a burgundy and white striped dress shirt.

My last stop before I got home was my local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I picked up a large ice blended drink with half mocha and half white chocolate, whipped cream, and caramel dripped over the cup and whipped cream. This was a perfect way to unwind from a long day. I expect to be back at my local Coffee Bean on Friday after the next visit to the oncologists.

Doug and I finally decided on a date for the final Chuckay Celebration. We picked June 28th. Doug said it was fine with him if I invited my friend Sharon to join us for dinner. Doug suggested that she will probably flake out on us. I said that sometimes life happens and, if she doesn’t join us, I won’t have to burn some extra gasoline to pick her up and take her home.

Life is good for me.

People Magazine overlooked me again this year in their Ten Sexiest Bachelors list. I don’t understand how this missed me again this year.

I started to watch the new Korean soap opera again last night. I think I have given up on the show; its plot seems similar to one show that was before. It has some of the same actors that generate no interest or sympathy from me. Some of the sets are even the same. All of the shouting in the dialogue is no substitute for acting.

I will enjoy the extra sleep time.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home