Thursday, March 10, 2005

I feel tired tonight

Hello gentle readers.

Yes, I feel tired tonight.

There is no obvious reason for me being tired. Scrolling through hundreds of pages of a document [it is 278 pages right now and will grow by another 40 pages or so before I am finished with it] on the laptop is not hard work, except for the finger on the scroll wheel in the mouse and, of course, the eyes that have to read all of the drivel I have written so far.

I did get a brief note from a new acquaintence in China tonight so that was a very nice way to start going through the email in box at home this evening. She is an English major and I offered to read her final student paper. I can give it a reading as a native English writer so that may help with her final marks.

As you know, I live in Redondo Beach and I know you will not be surprised to find out that I am close to the ocean. Last night or early this morning, around 3:10 AM to be more precise, I was awakened by the sound of the local harbor foghorn. I have a perfectly good clock radio that works just fine. It was set to go off at the usual time, several hours later. Instead of being able to roll over and go back to sleep, I just flopped around until the alarm went off.

Bummer.

The Big Guy called me today to discuss his car being serviced. The service went well and he was finished early, always a big plus. I phoned his sister The Princess to celebrate Utah's win in the first round of the Mountain West Conference men's basketball tournament. That was sweet.

The Girl Friend called to talk about what we were going to do this weekend. There were a couple of ideas that floated about but we settled down on a fairly simple one. She will take me out to a casual dinner and then I will take us to the cinema. I don't know what we will end up seeing but it seems like a nice Saturday for me; I am out of the kitchen and that is good.

I guess the logical thing for me to do now is to go to bed and sleep off my tiredness. I have a bunch of things to do over the weekend so I might as well get a good night's rest.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home