Sunday, March 13, 2005

Utah lost

The University of Utah lost in men's basketball to the University of New Mexico last night in the Mountain West Conference tournament finals.

That sums up my Sunday gentle readers; grey, gloomy, dim, ugly, in other words, no fun whatsoever.

Anyway, I am moving on to see what sort of an at-large bid Utah will receive for the NCAA national finals.

I went out with the Girl Friend last night. It was a sort of weird time. She took me out to dinner at a local restaurant that had been featured in the weekly Food Section of the local big newspaper, the Los Angeles Times. The Times featured an interesting chicken recipe and I thought I would have that for my dinner.

Surprise! Surprise! The chicken dish was not on the menu.

I settled for some swordfish that ended up a bit over-cooked and therefore on the dry and tasteless side. My swordfish came with some spaghetti with a red sauce on it. I call it red sauce because it was bland and tasted like it was just emptied from a can and then quickly heated to go on the pasta. It reminded me of really diluted ketchup instead of a rich, thick, and flavorful Italian tomato sauce.

Definitely not something that I would cook.

Moving onward, those of you who know me know that I love desserts. I wanted a light simple dessert. The waiter mentioned the restaurant has coffee flavored gelato. I asked for two scoops because the waiter said the scoops were small. The waiter didn't tell me the dessert normally was served with three scoops of gelato.

I was so furious with the waiter that it is a good thing I was not paying for dinner.

Then, we walked a block to the cinema. We ended up watching the Get Shorty sequel, Be Cool. The sequel was mostly good and enjoyable. It seemed to lag in parts and go off on uninteresting tangents. I was disappointed by the excessive use of cliches and inside of Hollywood and music industry jokes that went right over my head like an airplane. I would not recommend that you rush out and see unless you are either a John Travolta or Uma Thurman fan or you can see it at a bargain matinee. Maybe wait until it comes out on DVD and rent it.

The local harbor foghorn woke me around 3:00 AM today. That was really cruel since I did not get home until around 1:30 AM.

The administrative assistants in the office will be happy on Monday. They will be the beneficiaries of my Girl Scout cookie shopping. I probably can have a few cookies each day but I didn't want to add to my blood sugar since I am a borderline diabetic. I want to do everything to avoid crossing over and become diagnosed with Adult Diabetes and have everything that goes with that sort of an outcome.

This week looks like it will be a short one for blog posts. I won't be making a Friday post since I am flying off to see The Princess for her birthday and the next Sunday post maybe delayed until Monday because jet lag.

And so, gentle readers, I hope you all or as we say in our South, y'alls, had a wonderful and sunny weekend. I had mostly fog and overcast. I think the sunshine broke through the clouds or at least I think it was the sunshine.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home