Friday, March 11, 2005

Star Trek Enterprise was a re-run

Star Trek Enterprise was a re-run tonight. Next week looks like it will be a re-run also. As I recall, this was a two or three part episode.

Bummer.

On the plus side and there were many today, my friend Carol found out she is going to have a baby girl in a couple of months. I am very happy for her and her husband. I suppose the grandparents to be are happy as well.

Actually, I believe that children are God's way of punishing us for our wild lives when we made life miserable for our parents. There is nothing like getting up at 3:00 AM in the middle of winter to take care of a baby that needs to be changed and fed. It is even more fun when the baby has lower digestive tract distress. I know all about this joy. I have done this more times than I care to remember.

This is why I like the idea of small grandchildren. They can be returned to their parents when they get unruly or begin to leak odious fluids.

Another plus side was my doctor's visit. He said my low level blood pressure medication was working nicely and promptly gave me a year long prescription refill. He also gave me a low level cholesterol prescription since I am borderline for cholesterol troubles because I have high blood pressure, am over 45, and have a history of diabetes in the family.

I used to think my doctor had a good patient rapport style. Then, he told me that I have to take the prescriptions every day until I want to die. Not the best bedside manner but he certainly was really effective in convincing to me take my medicine religiously now.

The doctor was also pleased that I have lost about 15 pounds in the last five months. I knew I had lost weight because I had to take my belt in an extra hole and my pants were looser fitting. It was easy to do; I cut out candy completely and chocolate almost exclusively, reduced my food intake, ate healthier, and exercised moderately.

Not a bad day when you add it all up.

Tomorrow, I have to run around and do birthday gift shopping for The Princess. I can do that all in three stops. Then, I am going out with The Girl Friend for dinner, she is taking me out to dinner, and to the cinema. I don't know what we will see but I will probably talk about in a day or so.

The blog has Site Meter attached to it. Mostly, I was curious to see how many people will come and read the rambling. I was looking at the visitor logs, don't worry you are anonymous to me. I was amazed to find I have a semi-regular visitor from somewhere in India. That was really fascinating.

The weather was almost good today. It was warm and sunny in most parts of Los Angeles today. That was good except that it was only warm and sunny when I was inside of my office working. Otherwise, it was cool and foggy. I will probably hear the local harbor foghorn again tonight or tomorrow morning.

But, it will be warm and sunny tomorrow so I can be out buzzing around in my shorts and golf shirt for a change. I will enjoy getting some more color in my skin again.

So, gentle readers, it looks like I should go do something useful and productive.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home